Is Arturia Pigments any good for making ambient pads? In this new patch deconstruction video I take apart a preset from my sound bank Recapture to show you how I created it from scratch, and demonstrate why I love Pigments for creating ambient sounds.
In the video I discuss –
- Choice of sound sources to make an ambient-style pad
- Use of filters to control the tone and dynamics of the sound
- Use of modulation to create movement in the sound
- Use of effects to polish the sound’s character
- Assigning macros and mod wheel to create diversity in the patch
Want to learn sound design like a pro? Sign up to get free sound design tutorials straight to your inbox: https://www.tomwolfe.co.uk/learn-sound-design/