Can you use Spectrasonics Omnisphere to create ambient sequences? In this video I take apart an organic-style sequence from my soundbank Halcyon Pt. 2 to show you how I created it from scratch, and to demonstrate why Omnisphere is my go to for ambient music.
In the video I discuss –
- Choice of sound sources to get the sound you want
- Using the granular engine to create variation
- Programming the sequencer
- Using modulation to create movement
- Using the built in FX to polish the sound
The patch ‘Stalactite Pipes’ is taken from my soundbank Halcyon Pt. 2, a collection of 200 patches for Omnisphere that focus on ambient sounds for cinematic compositions and music for meditation. To find out more information, head to the product page – https://www.tomwolfe.co.uk/halcyon-2-for-omnisphere